Friday 8 May 2015

A Week of Fitness and  Detoxing...

Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'


Its the Weekend...

How was your bank holiday? Mine was fantastic, however after a lot of cocktails with the girls and too much bbq I have been on a strict health regime this week getting my body back into the swing of healthy eating, juicing and letting my body recover!

Today I would love to share with you a couple of the healthy dishes I have made this week along with a top tip to help cleanse your body...


Photo credit: 'G's kitchen



This week I have been concentrating on cleansing my body whilst eating a healthy balanced diet to fill myself with energy for my busy working week.
Did you know how cleansing lime is?
 I love to drink water with slices and freshly squeezed lime in it throughout the day. I find that adding fresh mint makes it extra delicious.


Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'



Here are a few health benefits about limes that you should know about...

Limes are fantastic for women's health, especially post- menopausal women and women of child-bearing age because of the huge amount of calcium and folate that they contain

Limes can help to cleanse the kidneys and prevent kidney stones from forming (great after a big weekend!!)

Limes are seriously good for our digestive system, respiratory system and our gums.

They are fantastic for our skin and can EVEN prevent ageing!
Try rubbing lime juice into your skin to get rid of dead cells and keep your skin glowing.

They are also considered a diabetes superfood as the high levels of soluble fibre help regulate the absorption of sugars into the bloodstream.

So next time you grab a glass of water, slice in a lime and feel the benefits...



Healthy cooking...


I am lucky that my job includes cooking for a lot of healthy clients so most of the time I eat what they are eating, however occasionally I do get the more traditional type that loves the heavy sauces, butter and rich red meat. I have to say I adore this type of cuisine as well, however normally more in the winter when the days are colder or when I am ski-ing and there is nothing better than tucking into a hearty, heavy warming dish. 

Today was one of those days when all I wanted was fresh food so I quickly whipped up a light salad and a sashimi dish for myself to munch on whilst I cooked the client lunch.

A delicious Salad of Butternut Squash Puree, Kale, Red Cabbage, Chicken, Parma Ham and Micro Celery...


Photo credit: 'G's kitchen'


So quick and easy and being a warm salad it gives you the satisfaction of having a hot filling lunch.


Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'


My starter was a simple sashimi dish, one of my favourite snacks to have along with my lunch.

I hope you will try this recipe and enjoy it as much as I do.

'Sea Bass Sashimi with Yuzu, Greek Basil, Chilli, Ginger and Truffle Oil'.



Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'

Serves 1
1 Sushi grade Sea Bass fillet 
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated Ginger
1 teaspoon Yuzu (available from Waitrose)
1 teaspoon Truffle oil
1 teaspoon good quality Olive oil
1/2 Chilli finely diced
Greek basil
1 Radish thinly sliced
Red amaranth to garnish

Finely slice the Sea bass as thinly as possible. I use a sashimi knife however any good carving knife or a long slicing knife will do.

Mix the rest of the ingredients together and season to taste.

Drizzle the dressing over the sashimi just before serving and garnish with extra greek basil and red amaranth.

Today I ate this as a snack with my lunch but this would be a perfect starter for a dinner party. You can pre slice the Sea Bass before your guests arrive and keep it in the fridge so that it is just a case of plating it up and dressing it.

Have a happy and healthy weekend and hopefully you will enjoy some sashimi and lime water over your time off!

Georgie xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment