Thursday 23 April 2015




A Lovely few days in Kent...



Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'





Happy Thursday,

I hope you are all having a fantastic day, I have just returned from a lovely couple of days down in Kent staying at my parents home. While it is lovely to be back in London and catching up with friends tonight I do miss the quite serenity of the countryside, my parents, my dogs and my parents gorgeous kitchen garden!!

For those of you who read my last post you will know that my mum and I have been having a great time hanging out and eating lots of delicious healthy food whilst trialling new recipes! 

My Dad is away on a business trip so it gave us the perfect excuse to cram ourselves with juices and as much raw veg as we could possibly fit it! I love having a couple of days detoxing, it always makes my skin glow more and my whole body feel energised and well nourished! 

We started our days with a vitamin packed smoothie to get us going, yesterdays' one was a delicious 'Green Smoothie' which is fantastic for our skin and packed full of iron! Why not try it and feel the benefits...



'Glowing Green Smoothie'

1 handful Kale
1 handful Spinach
1 handful Chard
1 Lime juiced
1 Avocado
3 tbsp Flax seeds (ground)
1 stick Celery
1 handful Mint
3 slices Ginger

Blend together with as much water as you desire in the nutri bullet and enjoy! (I prefer mine to be quite thin.)


Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'
Sophia Home and I enjoying our 'Glowing Green Smoothies'...


Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'




It is so lovely to know that all the green leaves in my smoothie came out of my parents gorgeous kitchen garden!




Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'



Yesterday for lunch as part of our detox my mum and I had the most delicious raw salad, it was so zesty and fresh and so lovely to know that we were eating so much raw food which would benefit us greatly yet not feeling like it was a chore!

Zesty Beetroot, Daikon, Kale, Avocado and Feta Salad...

In a bowl add the grated beetroot, daikon, baby kale, avocado and feta and toss together. Add my 'Mint Yoghurt Dressing' ( recipe in my previous post 'Bright beetroot fritters and healthy Halloumi veggie stacks')
Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'

This salad is so cleansing especially for your liver so do give it a go.

Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'

Have a happy and healthy afternoon,

Georgie xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment