Wednesday 22 April 2015



Bright Beetroot and Healthy Halloumi Veggie Stacks


Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'


Good Morning!

I hope you are all having a fantastic day whatever you are doing. Today I am spending a rare day off at my parent's home in Kent, relaxing and trialling recipes with my lovely Mum! (Some of you may know her through her inspiring and successful lifestyle blog 'Sophia Home'.)


Last night I had loads of fun making up a new recipe, which I have to say is now my favourite vegetarian recipe.

Although it seems time consuming it is actually very quick and easy and completely worth making all the different elements to the dish as it is so delicious!!

Beetroot Fritters, Avocado Puree, Baby Kale, Mint Yoghurt and Grilled Halloumi...



Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'


Recipe...
Serves 2 Hungry people

Beetroot Fritters
5 Beetroot, grated in the magimix 
3 Tbsp Allspice (ground)
2 Tbsp Coriander seeds (ground)
1 Tbsp Cumin seeds (ground)
Salt & Pepper
2 Eggs
3 Tbsp Plain flour
Chopped Coriander

Mix the fritter ingredients together and fry in a hot pan with 1 Tbsp avocado oil until crispy on each side. (I use a chef ring to get equal size fritters)
Place on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.

Avocado Puree
1 Avocado
1 lime (juice)
1 spring onion finely sliced
Salt and Pepper
In a magimix puree all of the ingredients and set aside.


Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'


Mint Yoghurt
3 Tbsp Greek Style Yoghurt (I make my own but if you buy it make sure you get a thick greek style yoghurt)
1/2 Lemon (juiced)
1 Handful Mint finely chopped
Salt & Pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together and season to taste.

Mix the baby kale with avocado oil and season.

Grill the Halloumi in a hot griddle pan until golden on each side.

Plating up...
On a plate smear on the avocado and top with a fritter. Next top each fritter with some mint yoghurt and baby kale and a slice of grilled halloumi. Repeat the above steps until you have a gorgeous stack and garnish with an edible flower such as a Pansy or Viola... and there you have it... a beautiful healthy vegetarian supper!


Photo credit: 'G's Kitchen'



Please do try this at home and let me know how it goes, I would love to hear from you!

Have a happy and healthy day,

Georgie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment