Tuesday 21 April 2015


Canapés...


Hi everyone and welcome to the first post of my new blog, I hope you are all having a lovely afternoon in the sun and that you will feel inspired and excited by my ideas, recipes and photos!!
My aim for this blog is to share healthy recipes along with delicious treats for a healthy balanced lifestyle, along with some restaurant recommendations and other things that inspire me along the way!

As you will see in my profile I have worked as a private chef for the last six years travelling the world with private clients whilst based mainly in London. I do everything from dinner parties to afternoon teas, large drinks parties and intense health weeks involving juicing detoxes and raw vegan diets. One of my main and favourite food creations is canapé parties! Today I would like to share with you some of my photos of a recent client event along with a recipe for you to try at home! 

Rare fillet of beef with celeriac remoulade, crostini and truffle oil...








Beetroot blinis, cilantro creme fraiche, smoked salmon...







Filo cups with minted peas and broadband, pink lamb, feta...







One of my favourite lovely "G's Kitchen" waitresses...








Ok not so healthy and pretty but a definite crowd pleaser especially for the boys...
Sausage and sun-dried tomato, garlic mash...






I shall leave you with one of my favourite healthy recipes for Sweetcorn fritters, spiced avocado puree, seared tuna, red amaranth...

This is a great recipe for a canapé or you can make them bigger and serve them as a starter or a light lunch!




Recipe

Sweetcorn fritters
makes 20 canapés
1 head sweetcorn kernels removed
1 tbsp self raising flour
1egg separated
chopped coriander
salt and pepper
1 avocado
1 lime
1 red chilli de seeded and chopped finely
1 spring onion finely diced
1 steak fresh sushi grade tuna

Start by mixing the sweetcorn kernels, self raising flour and egg yolk together with the seasoning and chopped coriander.


In a separate bowl whisk the egg white then fold in gently into the sweetcorn mixture.

Fry in a little argan oil on both sides on a media heat until the fritters puff up and are cooked through then set aside.

Put the avocado, lime, chilli, spring onion and seasoning into a blender and blend until smooth, place into a piping bag ready to pipe onto the corn fritters.

Season your tuna and sear in a very hot pan until sealed on all sides but still pink in the middle. Slice the tuna into bite size pieces.

Top the sweetcorn fritters with the avocado puree, tuna and some red amaranth or a micro herb of your choice, (available to order through your local deli or vegetable supplier) serve immediately and enjoy...

Do give this a try and I would love to hear how you get on!

Have a happy and healthy day,

Georgie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment